- 2 pounds of chicken breast (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1.5 cups tapioca starch (divided, seasoned with a few shakes each of salt, pepper, garlic powder)
- 4 eggs, beaten (2 for your chicken nuggets and 2 for your zucchini cakes)
- olive or avocado oil for cooking (1/2 on the bottom of your favorite skillet)
- 1-2 medium zucchini, grated.
- Heat your oil on medium heat.
- Place your grated zucchini into a colander with a teaspoon of salt, leave it to sit for 10 minutes. This will begin removing some water from the zucchini so your cakes will stay together super easily!
- Pour out about 1 cup of tapioca starch onto a shallow plate and do the same with two eggs.
- Cover each piece of chicken in tapioca starch, just a light coating will do. Then dip your chicken in the beaten egg.
- Cook your chicken in the hot oil (you'll know it's hot enough when it bubbles after a bit of flour is dropped into it) until juices run clear and outside is crispy-about 2.5 minutes per side. Remove onto paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
- While your chicken nuggets cook, put your grated zucchini onto a clean dish towel and wring out as much of the water as you can.
- Then put it in a mixing bowl and stir in 2 eggs, a few shakes each of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and about 1/2 cup of tapioca starch.
- Make the mixture into cakes and cook in your hot oil, about 1 minute per side. Remove onto paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy!