Okay, don't say I didn't warn ya, but these are too good to make very often! I'm a HUGE believer in treats but also in doing what YOU need to be healthy! And I know that I don't enjoy how I feel when I grab a bite here and a bite there when there are decadent treats around. So we make them, eat 'em, pack them in lunches the next day and then we either freeze them for later or share with the neighbors! no willpower battle here!
Have a happy, healthy week, 'folks! We love ya!
Note: you can use PB cup molds in this recipe (from Amazon) or a silicon muffin tin, but a regular muffin tin will work too.
- Line a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, and coconut flour until well mixed (you may have to switch to a spoon or rubber spatula when you everything starts to incorporate.
- Once everything is mixed, Put the bowl in the freezer for 15-20 minutes so the mixture is easier to work with later.
- Remove bowl from freezer and Scoop about 2 teaspoons of filling into your hands and mold it into a flat circle, just smaller than your muffin tin top. Repeat until 12 of them and Set aside.
- To melt the chocolate chips, Place them in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir Heat again in 20 second intervals until the chocolate chips are just softened and kind of melty. Stir in the coconut oil until smooth.
- Then Drop 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each muffin cup. Tap the pan to smooth chocolate into an even layer, filling the bottom of the cup.
- Place an almond butter circle flat on top of the melted chocolate then Spoon another 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate over the almond butter. Gently spread until you get an even top. Repeat for all of the muffin cavities.
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes and Allow to thaw for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!